“The Jatakalankar is a concise yet highly authentic classic on Vedic astrology concerned with the study and analysis of the natal chart. Many an astrologer uses it in his practice as a reference book. Its special features are as under:-
* A brief introduction to the twelve houses and the planetary interrelationships.
* Detailed treatment of each of the twelve houses of the horoscope with description of several planetary combinations relevant to each house.
* A chapter on yogas, or specific planetary dispositions, that deals comprehensibly with the numerous aspects of an individual, including physical, mental, intellectual, financial, sexual and social.
* A detailed account of astrological indications of various medical ailments, highlighting subtle principles of medical astrology.
* A complete chapter on the highly important subject of determination of longevity, indicating numerous yogas that determine the various life-spans.
* The book is profusely illustrated to elucidate its rich astrological content.”